“I flow through life easily, accepting and embracing change”.
Affirmations are statements that you say and/or write with confidence about a perceived truth that you would like in your life.
Affirmations can work because it can program your mind into believing the statement you are saying and/or writing. This is because the mind doesn’t know the difference between what is real and what is not.
To have affirmations truly work, it is recommended that you first identify and connect with the belief that is opposing the statement.
For example, using the above affirmation example, the opposing statement could be: “I feel stuck living my life right now.”
Gradually, with every day, you will start feeling differently. You do need to believe in the affirmation statement and say it daily.
How To Do Affirmations:
- Take three deep breaths, inhaling for a count of 4, exhaling for a count of 4.
- Stand in front of a mirror and look yourself in the eyes.
- Say your affirmation(s) slowly and clearly.
- Repeat the affirmations 3 times, really focusing on the meaning of each word.
- Take another three deep breaths, allowing your body to absorb the positive feeling of them.
Note: You can also write your affirmations daily.
For examples of gratitude statements you can use for inspiration, see https://motivationping.com/gratitude-affirmations/
Affirmations can work when you believe in what you’re saying and practice saying and/or writing them daily.