Hello! How are you? In the coming week, we will review the following affirmation card in the Choose Happy Facebook Community:
“I choose to love myself as I am. I choose to love others as they are.”
If you are not a member yet, all you have to do is the following:
- Step 1: Purchase the Choose Happy affirmation card deck here and,
- Step 2: Send a request to the group here to gain access to it.
If you’re lookhttps://web.facebook.com/groups/choosehappyaffirmationcardsing to add positivity to your every day, this is the place to ‘drop in’ as you scroll your social media.
Love Yourself First
Loving ourselves can be one of the hardest, yet most important thing for us to do.
Many of us find it easier to love others than to love ourselves.
Sometimes we treat ourselves harsher than we would to our very best of friends. That can look like unhealthy relationships, a harsh inner critic, toxic substances, etc.
Loving yourself is not selfish. It’s essential. It is the foundation that allows each one of us to be the best version of ourselves.
So what does it mean to “love myself as I am”? And how do we do it?
5 Ways to Choose Happy by Loving Yourself First
- Identify 5 things that you like about yourself. If you find it difficult to identify them, think about the positive things others have said about you.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. We are each on our own unique journey.
- Know your strengths. Going back to #1, focus on the things that you like about yourself. Make room in your everyday life for doing more of the activities that bring out the best in you.
- Be honest with yourself. This can be a tough one, but it’s essential. Honesty is key in relationships, including your relationship with yourself.
- Forgive yourself. Here’s another tough one, and it too is essential. Forgive yourself for past mistakes. Remind yourself that you are human, and you did the best you could under the circumstances at that time.
By loving ourselves, it sets the foundation for loving others as they are.
You will see that your criticism of others will diminish, and relationships will improve because you are coming from a grounded place of self-love.
Self-love brings out the best version of ourselves and, that is the core of living the Choose Happy lifestyle!